We have been weathering a definite paradigm shift on our planet for quite some time now and these new energies have really amped up as of late, causing a variety of transformations. One of the main transformations occurring is the noticeable increase in our intuitive abilities. I personally have been picking up on the urgings of my soul more and more and I must say, it’s really quite fun to notice this heightening ability and feel like you’re working in total synchronistic conjunction with the Universe and it was through my intuitive perception that I ended up being drawn to the GaiamTV interview, Dan Millman on The Way of the Peaceful Warrior.
I found that Dan and I share many life path and spiritual belief similarities and his interview is a helpful reminder that we all share a common quest- figuring out what truly constitutes “success” in this life and perhaps feeling the deep soul nudge that there’s “something more” for us to experience beyond the limited constructs that we’ve previously known. It’s not about success on the surface, but rather the kind of success that runs deep, that’s real, purposeful and filled with love. How do we connect more? How can we really tap in? Truly feel fulfilled? Here are some of Dan’s practical, relatable life tips to help guide us healthily to that place.
Tai Chi Your Way Through Life
- Dan explains that being a Peaceful Warrior means living with a peaceful heart but a warrior’s spirit, because it takes courage to live in this world, to love in this world.
- Being a peaceful warrior is all about “practicing each moment,” seeing and feeling and tuning into the miracle and magic of each moment and not viewing any one moment as more special than another, no matter what is going on. You can think of it as living your life as a continuous flow of doing Tai Chi- being present, graceful and love-filled in all that you do, even in seemingly mundane moments like signing your name or taking an item off the grocery shelf- each and every moment is equally divine.
- Remembering that every adversity has a hidden gift. It does not mean that we are supposed to enjoy these adversities, or that they will be easy, it simply mean that we are to remember their purpose, that they happen in order for us to strengthen our spirits, to awaken, grow and transform- all positive and all for our ultimate greatest, highest good!
- Balance! And Exploration! Two of my favorite things. Dan stresses the importance of having overall balance in one’s life along with dashes of exploration and testing limits. Dan explains, “if people want to be in the comfort zone all the time, they live a narrower and narrower life.” You’ve got to expand your boundaries and limits, feel the passion and zest, try new things out of your comfort zone all while maintaining balance overall.
There are many more fascinating and helpful nuggets of information in Dan Millman on The Way of the Peaceful Warrior, which makes it the perfect interview to watch as we continue to integrate these new energies and work our way through this great shift. No matter how spiritually-attuned we may be, it’s always refreshing to get another person’s take on how we can live our best, most fulfilling life and Dan perhaps sums it up best with this- “Head in the clouds, feet on the ground. Peaceful heart, warrior spirit.”
And so it is.
If you're looking for a more inspiring, uplifting, conscious media selection~ Try GaiamTV for 10 days FREE! From yoga to weight loss, to spiritual enlightenment, myths & legends~ GaiamTV has it all :)
At a time on our planet when consciousness is expanding at such a rate that it’s most likely causing intense growing pains, when energetic shifts are pouring in and old stories, karmas and limited ways of thinking no longer fit the constructs of what we’re in the midst of transforming into, it’s more vital than ever to find our center, to remember who we truly are, and get back to our core values of what really matters in this life. Thankfully GaiamTV sits down with a man perfectly suited to aid us in our recalibration into the New, the man who has sold over 7 million copies of his book series “Conversations with God,” Neale Donald Walsch.
There are a plethora of life-enhancing messages that get passed along to us in “Neale Donald Walsch: Master Class with Interview,” but before we get to those sparkling gems I first want to point out something that’s important to note- while Neale may be a New York Time’s Best-Selling Author, he is just like all of us. I love that the man who knows and teaches the Oneness of all of life is so strongly representative of that Oneness himself. Neale is a man who has endured being homeless for a year, debilitating illnesses and personal struggles, but it was through those experiences that he connected deeper and deeper with God and all Divine and allowed him to return to the wholeness and truth of himself and full acceptance of what always is. Here are some of my favorite life and love reminders from Neale (and God:)
Returning To Your Original Glory
- What I do for you, I do for me and what I fail to do for you, I fail to do for me. There’s no way in the world I can love myself if I withhold love from you and there’s no way in the world I could ever forgive myself for anything if I withhold forgiveness from you.
- Your life is not about you, your life is about everyone whose life you touch and the way in which you touch them.
- You never need anything from a source outside yourself to be happy.
- True love can only be expressed by a being who needs and wants nothing for himself.
Four Questions To Liberation?! I Shall Graciously Accept This Work!
Lastly, and certainly not least, as it is my favorite part of the interview, Neale graciously bestows upon us four questions that when asked and answered regularly, lead to complete liberation and transforming your whole life into being a conversation with God! It doesn’t get much more powerful than that! So, without further ado, the four questions are…
- Who Am I?
- Where Am I? (what is this place? what’s happening?)
- Why Am I Where I Am? (what am I doing here? why am I here?)
- What Do I Intend To Do About That Right Now?
Neale explains the more often you ask and answer these questions, the more powerful they’ll become. There are no right or wrong answers, it’s simply about answering them authentically to you, answering with what genuinely comes up in your mind. Your answers may stay the same or they may shift and alter regularly but the point is the practice and the clarity, direction and guidance you gain from God (your higher self, your higher spirit, the Universe, the Divine...) by working your way through them.
The further insight you receive from watching this GaiamTV interview in full is monumental, moving and touching. Please allow it to be a reminder that we are all Neale Donald Walsch, that we all have the capability of living a God-centered and Spiritually-connected life that will continually guide us to the love, good, and divinity that we are and the love, good, and divinity that surrounds us all, all of the time. It is my hope that all of our experiences expand our ability to love unconditionally and deepen our relationship with God and our true selves so that we can live the truly spectacular, meaningful and miracle-filled life that is all of our birthrights; I can certainly attest to it working that way for me.In Love, Light & Fun,
**Get 10 days free of GaiamTV to watch this interview and an endless online library of other amazing films
. It's conscious media that will empower and expand your mind and life <3
I was so blessed to be able to talk about some of my absolute, most favorite things in life! And, they're all things that will open your heart, revitalize your spirit and get you ready to soar as your most amazing, divine, authentic self!!I hope you enjoy the magical vid and the additional pics from being on-set. If you ever have any questions for me, you can always hit up my contact page :) Love & Light To You!And Remember, You ARE Worthy Of Living The Life Of Your Dreams <3
Into The Oneness
There have been some huge, intense shifts in many peoples lives lately, all bringing us to this stage where we embrace the oneness of all that is. We are each other's greatest teachers and mirrors and we truly are all one. Please see this oneness in the face of the stranger you pass on the street, please feel this oneness in the hearts of all, should you ever feel isolated or alone.
Oneness, compassion and unconditional love can be felt and nurtured from other realms too... allow nature to speak to you, comfort you and guide you. Allow the stars in the night sky to remind you of the limitless, divine power that we all hold within.
We indeed have been shown what we need to tend to, in order to rise up! And live in the new! What is key right now is taking responsibility to release the old, release all the unnecessary suffering and allow your heart, mind, spirit and soul to remember the support and love that you can tap into from within yourself at all times! From the breeze outside! From the birds chirping away! From the planets in our galaxy! We are all connected, we are all one; let the beautiful, nourishing, loving energy be your guide as you take each step, each day soaking in the present moment, your true divine power and seeing yourself in all others.
Take a deep breath, all is well.
Hold your love and hold your light.
Hold the course your heart has guided you to.
Tap into, cherish, and honor your true essence of being.
Surrender all fears, heaviness and concerns to your higher Spirit.
Let us embrace the journey as we continue to grow and positively transform.
It is undeniable that each and every one of us is here for a purpose, each of us have come forth with a soul contract that will undoubtedly take us through some wild twists and turns during this thing called life. Our fate will serve us with people and places and things we were predetermined to experience for our soul's growth but our destiny, ahhhhhhhh, our destiny... that births from what we choose to do with those fateful experiences, where we will allow those experiences to take us - will we shrink or grow? Be reduced by the experience or expanded and enlightened?
My absolute, hands-down favorite interview and video on GaiamTV right now is with a man who has chosen the hero's journey, he has chosen the path of growth, expansion and awakening - going from a very difficult childhood to being an explosives expert during the Vietnam War, to becoming a mystic, monk, psychic and scholar, Dr. Steven Hairfield shares not only his astounding, courageous, faith-filled personal journey but also provides us with some pretty amazing yet practical life-enhancing secrets that can empower our time here on Earth and flood us with a beautiful knowingness, inner peace and clarity. Here are some of the most magical moments from "Steven Hairfield: on His Road to Awakening."Following Those "Urges"
Whoa!!! You will have to watch the video to find out who that voice belonged to, where Dr. Hairfield ended up for YEARS and what he did come to know! But one lesson he makes very clear that he relies on to this day - always follow what your urges guide you to.
- During his time as a weapons expert in Vietnam Dr. Hairfield followed an urge to go into the nearby village and as fate would have it, a Zen Monk scurried across the street to him, put his finger in his face and said "young man, if you do not learn to use what you have, it will kill you." Dr. Hairfield chose to heed this warning and grow from it and began splitting his time between war and studying with the monks at the Zen Monastery.
- Years later, after he had long since returned to the US, Dr. Hairfield was faced with yet another urge, only this one was much bigger, more faith-inducing and overpowering. Dr. Hairfield felt an urge so strong to go to India, a country he had never been to before, that he sold everything, packed up his intuition, courage and reliance on faith to guide him and purchased a one way ticket that would land him in Delhi, India with no plans and no idea where to go. The Universe provided for him and guided him from village to village for weeks until he reached the northern deserts where he decided to stop for a cup of tea when the miraculous happened - as he sat with his tea a voice from behind said "we've been waiting for you, you're here to learn."
Obviously Dr. Hairfield is a walking vessel of miraculous, ancient teachings but here are a couple of very accessible tools you can use to manifest the life of your dreams:
You will have to watch the interview to find out some of the absolutely mind-blowing manifestations that Dr. Hairfield witnessed while living in the monastery! It will reshape what you believe is possible in this world and what is possible to achieve with your own mind!
- While studying at the monastery he was once told: "What if what you term as your God heard everything that you thought and considered that thought a request to give you that experience, would you change the way you think? Good. Because that is the Truth."
The Universe gives us everything we ask for.
- We must be sure to focus our thoughts on what it is that we want, focus on the end result only, and what you want will find you. Focus all your energy on the end result only of what it is that you seek and it will find you.
- And a beautiful trick to staying in the present moment - always keep your mind right behind your eyes. Where your eyes look, have your mind follow.
What a wonderful blessing to have Dr. Hairfield so willing to share his journey and lessons learned with such an open heart! I hope the teachings resonated with your soul and truly hope you decide to watch his interview in full here on GaiamTV. In the meantime, take a deep, clarifying breath and honestly ask yourself: is there an urge you've been denying or trying to ignore? How different might your life start to look if you allowed yourself to be guided by your soul's wisdom? Has it been easy or hard for you to walk forward in growth, courage and faith? Remember, we are not broken! We are whole and perfect and loving and sometimes it's simply a matter of remembering who we really are, who we truly are in our soul and getting back to and living from that essence. It's always nice to take an honest glance inward to ensure we're doing our very best to create a destiny of beautiful expansion, self-love and adventure. Blessings, Love, Joy & Miracles To You!
<3, ALYP.S. I've got a secret of my own :) There is a banner on my homepage that will give you 10 days of GaiamTV for FREE!! I guarantee you will absolutely love it!
It Chose Me!
I absolutely love and adore magical, synchronistic moments in life as they are a reminder that a higher power and universal source are always with us, trying to guide and help us in whatever way they can; that's exactly what happened to me just the other day. My mom and sister had come to NYC for a visit and we were taking a stroll through the Manhattan Villages- West, Greenwich and East, when my Mom was "pulled" into a really earthy and amazing jewelry store and during that fun time browsing, shopping and mingling with the saleswoman, my sister asked if their bright fuchsia crystal on display happened to be for sale. It wasn't, but the woman explained that right around the corner was an amazing crystal/rock store that we just had to go in to, so we did.
While this magical crystal store is exactly "my kind of place," I honestly had no intentions of making a purchase and was perfectly happy just browsing along with my sister on her fuchsia rock quest. About five minutes into the shopping experience and without even realizing it was happening, I was pulled to a wicker basket filled with crystals I had never seen before and was completely unfamiliar with. I found myself picking each one up, examining them, holding them up to different light angles and asking this saleswoman random questions like "where did this one come from?" My mom and sister came over to see what had grabbed my attention and before I knew what was even happening, one of these Labradorite crystals was being purchased and the woman then asked me "would you like to know more about this particular stone?" I of course said yes and when she handed me the book on the "Labradorite" page, my jaw dropped and when only halfway through the description I felt a wild surge of energy come up through my feet and run all the way through me. I put the book down and exclaimed without even thinking "I just had an out of body experience." The saleswoman said she sees that happen quite frequently when people get drawn to the crystal/healing properties that are just right for them at the time. It was just the coolest, most unexpected moment to have, as I had zero expectations of going home with a new pet rock yet I know I was 100% guided to that store and pulled to that crystal with a clear purpose.
Here are some of the AWEsome properties of Labradorite:
- Lore of the Inuit peoples claim Labradorite fell from the frozen fire of the Aurora Borealis, an ordinary stone that transforms to the extraordinary, shimmering in a mystical light that separates the waking world from unseen realms. It is, in every sense, a Stone of Magic, a crystal of shamans, diviners, healers, and all who travel and embrace the universe seeking knowledge and guidance.
- Holds a broad level of protection from negativity.
- Brings you the gift of serendipity and synchronicity.
- If you have been doing too much and need a recharge... it will give energy to you.
- The energy of this stone aids the healing of a number of health issues including helping to relieve pain. It is advantageous if you are a healer to keep a piece on your body.
- As a workplace stone, Labradorite brings out the best in people, making work life more congenial.
- Labradorite tempers the negative side of our personality, the traits and actions that rob our energy and may produce depression or shame.
- Labradorite is beneficial to the lungs, and may assist with respiratory problems, bronchitis and colds. It assists in digestion, regulation, and metabolism.
- Labradorite calms an overactive mind and energizes the imagination, bringing in new ideas. It is a wonderful tool for returning joy and spontaneity back to one's life.
- Awakens a sense of adventure and change.
- It is an uplifting crystal, helping to banish fears and insecurities while enhancing faith and reliance in oneself and trust in the universe.
Thank you Universe and thank you Labradorite!! :)
“Everyone has the great calling of a higher dream.”
:: Jean Houston
The ever-present searching for one’s purpose in life brings with it hugely-ranging emotions from exhilaration, bliss and profound joy to doubt, worry and fear. After all, we all want to live our best, most meaningful lives and there can be an immense amount of self-imposed pressure and stress that goes along with that! Thankfully, we have a great leader in human development who has written more than 25 books to aid us in experiencing overflowing peace, passion and purpose in our lifetime, Jean Houston. Jean is one of those unique, great spiritual minds that other spiritual leaders look to, to learn from, her work is ground-breaking and beyond uplifting and in GaiamTV’s Inspirations: Jean Houston on Opening to Limitless Possibilities, she shares advice, secrets, and exercises surrounding manifesting your greatest desires with ease! Here’s a taste of Jean’s flavorful, zesty, and powerful teachings…
Befriend Your Brain!
One of the basis’ for Jean’s work is showing us how to experience long pleasure and short pains- utilizing our own ability to orchestrate healing, breathing, heart rate, mood and stay young! Now THAT sounds like a superb plan to me and one of the ways we can integrate this more is by experiencing our very own divine potential and knowing we have this empowering companion for life and by befriending our own brain! Jean provides a fun script that begins “dear brain, let us be friends, from here on I ask you…” so that we can tap into more layers of intelligence and connect with our higher self so that we may reach our highest destiny! \Jean also gives specific instructions on how to:
- Find your purpose and passion in life
- Manifest like the greatest manifestors in history such as Joseph Campbell
- Live in an intentional state of expectant grace, like Deepak Chopra and others
We Are Walking Magnets
Additional fruitful advice and useful treasures are interwoven throughout the entire video:
- Peace should be alluring, challenging, beautiful and sexy!
- Live in the fertile fields of possibilities. Say yes to life and stop complaining!
- When we change our belief systems about how things work, everything shifts!
- Don’t fall too long into dread and despair, otherwise what you appreciate depreciates!
- Don’t get tripped up by every little bump that comes along, life is so much bigger than that!
If you’re part of the 40% of Americans feeling a bit stuck and uninspired or unsatisfied with your career or life in general and you’re ready to restructure yourself so you can live your best, allow this conscious evolution leader to guide you. Jean Houston exudes more passion, exuberance and wisdom than any other expert I know and her teachings will both excite and realign you. So go on and frolic, dance and play in the fertile fields of possibilities with GaiamTV’s Inspirations: Jean Houston on Opening to Limitless Possibilities.
In Love, Light, & Fun,
For those journeying down the self-help or personal development path, the varying schools of thought and perspective and growing selection of books and teachings can feel overwhelming at times. Plus, it’s important that what you’re learning feels good, resonates with your spirit and connects deeply with your true self. In all my years of self-help study I've never been so excited to suggest teachings as I am now with Inspirations: Marianne Williamson on Divine Compensation. Marianne conveys her principals in such a way that makes my brain simultaneously jolt to life with excitement and my soul sigh with deep, profound relief. This interview is centered on Marianne’s recently released book, The Law of Divine Compensation, and here are just a few of the shining moments from the talk…
Your Homie, The Universe
Marianne stresses the importance of resting assured that we live in a Universe that is continuously self-organizing and correcting to ensure each one of us is thriving in our absolute highest form. Let me say again, the Universe is made up of this magical, yummy, divine energy that’s programmed to allow everything to flow and thrive at the highest level of creative manifestation. So if we know the Universe has our back-- that it's our true homie--the question then becomes, are you getting in your own way? We've got to do our part to work with the Universe, and we do that by making sure our thoughts and beliefs are aligned with spirit, not the fear-based ego. Are your thoughts focused on miracles, gratitude, love, plentitude and new possibilities, or lack, fear, anger, and resentment? The realm you identify with will be the one that is your reality.
Let Those Miracles Flow!
If our thoughts and energy alignment are such vital components to our thriving, it’s important that we know key steps to ensuring we’re inviting miracles in:
• Discipline Your Mind! We must be aware and in charge of our own thoughts and redirect when our pesky ego tries to trip us up on our path to amazingness. Just remember: love over fear, love over fear, love over fear.
• Forgive! What blocks miracles are thoughts of anger and resentment, so be honest with yourself and if there’s anyone you know you need to offer forgiveness to, invest in learning how to do it and work towards it--if for no other reason than it being vital to your own success in life!
• Meditate! Through the centering and calming of our heart and mind, we can see so much clearer. I find it most helpful to meditate first thing in the morning which sets a peaceful, refreshed tone for the entire day. As Marianne puts it, “get lifted so miracles shift your way.”
Lastly, I encourage you to not only watch this amazing interview but also read Marianne’s book because the magnitude of powerful tips and teachings will blow your mind. I will leave you with this--life is not about deciding or creating who you want to be, but remembering who you already are! We have within us all the divine power needed but we must work it, ESPECIALLY when we are triggered and pulled into fear, anger or ego. That is when we must pledge to ourselves to put into action the mental skill sets we have studied and developed from our time on our fantastic, personal development voyage! After all, that’s the entire point of our journey, right? To practice what we've learned when moments are tough and it matters most! Stay blessed. GaiamTV.com Ambassador Alyson Charles is a television and radio host and producer. She lends her passions, inspirations, and self-help knowledge to her readers on www.InAWEwithALY.com, supplying you with the freshest secrets and tips for creating your most magical life.
“Every thought we think either invites a miracle or blocks a miracle.”
:: Marianne Williamson
Life takes courage and sometimes it's easy to muster up and other times it's deep work and a very deep process but in order to live our most authentic/"I'm standing in my full power" lives, being courageous is a must! In this InAWEwithALY TV exclusive, Spirit Vine Tea Time, ALY sits down with director and editor, Dan Katz, who has gone on seven ayahuasca journeys in order to discover greater courage, depth, freedom and healing in his life. Drinking ayahuasca tea is a 3,000 year old ritual originating out of the Amazon and this episode reveals ways to unveil your true inner power, what ayahuasca journeys are like and what huge life-changing breakthroughs it has provided for Dan! It's must-see InAWEwithALY TV <3
"It Takes Courage To Grow Up And Become Who You Really Are."
:: E.E. Cummings
'Tis the season! It's officially the time of year that seems to drum up more deep and powerful emotions than any other. Along with Santa Claus and magical holiday décor, the Christmas season powerfully elicits memories of holidays gone by. The season can evoke a longing to connect with loved ones, and the stress of holiday obligations is at an all-time high. So what's the one thing we can expect each holiday season? To expect the unexpected. Noel is a holiday movie that proves this point precisely. Starring Susan Sarandon, Robin Williams, Penelope Cruz and Paul Walker, Noel gets you prepped to be as flexible, accepting and gracious as possible during the season.
What's unique about this holiday film are its unexpected plot twists and coincidental connections that no one sees coming. The two main story lines
follow Susan Sarandon as Rose Collins, recently divorced and tending to her sick
mother on Christmas Eve, and Penelope Cruz and Paul Walker as Nina and Mike, an
engaged couple who've hit a rough patch with their wedding set for just one week
away. While the story lines are already emotional, it's the addition of
characters who suddenly appear in the most unsuspecting ways that gives
Noel its surprising moments of serendipity. This is definitely one of
those movies that leaves you saying, "I didn't see that one coming!"
Forgiveness Is a Gift
I thoroughly enjoyed the relatability of Noel's overall message. Forgiveness is one of life's
most powerfully-driven lessons, as I've just recently learned in my own life, and it's one that can truly transform and heal. Noel is a wonderful reminder that we can use this time of year to provide healing to ourselves and others. Ask yourself, is there anyone you can offer forgiveness to this holiday season? It could end up being the greatest gift of all.
Presence Over Presents
While we should be generous with providing love year round, there's something about the holidays that makes people's hearts yearn for added gentleness, care and compassion. Spiritual teacher Eckhart Tolle put it best when he explained that our "pain-bodies," an accumulation of old emotional pain, seem to inevitably emerge during holidays, because we tend to live these moments more in the past rather than the present.
As we spend precious time with both loved ones and strangers this holiday season, it's my holiday wish for us all to do our very best in remaining present and allowing our compassion to expand. Being truly present and appreciating what the holidays bring can supply more joy than any material item. Breathing in forgiveness and compassion, and breathing out emotional pain: this is my ultimate Christmas recipe!
GaiamTV.com Ambassador Alyson Charles is a television and radio host and producer. She lends her passions, inspirations and self-help knowledge to her readers on www.InAWEwithALY.com, supplying you with all the tips and secrets for creating your most magical life!
Check out this article on Huffington Post!