Don't You Just Love Fall?! It's Such A MAGICAL Time!
Any new change of season is a great time to re-set and change ourselves as well and one simple and delicious way to do that is with organic juicing! My morning juicing/smoothie-making time also serves as my daily ritual where I take time to love and honor myself. While prepping the lush and healthy ingredients I always feel so grateful to have them and my mind, body & soul are so grateful to ingest them :)Here's The Fun Fall-Colored Recipe...
And don't forget your magical & amazing juicing add-ons!!
- And A Hearty Handful of Organic Kale
- Thumbsize Chunk of Organic Ginger (always great to help ward-off colds!)
I also included a small spoonful of Organic Coconut Oil and 1 TBS Chia Seeds!!I hope you enjoy this delicious, cleansing & refreshing organic juice and I also hope you have the most amazing Fall! Also remember that the beginning of Fall is also the perfect opportunity to let some things go - it can be actual physical items from your home or behaviors, relationships, habits etc... anything that your Spirit and gut tells you would be beneficial to have lifted and cleared so you have more room to allow in the New! New things that will lift you into living as your highest most amazing self!!!
Here's what I know for sure...
It is so important to take great care of yourself. To nurture yourself. To accept yourself, embrace and wholly love yourself. And do all that you can to feed and fuel your soul in a healthy way, ESPECIALLY when you are going through a really tough time.
When any kind of trauma happens please allow yourself to express your heart, emotions and feelings, to communicate, to allow people to be there for you, to allow love in and please honor yourself with enriching and nourishing self-care. After experiencing the hardest time of my life I found the following practices and methods to be most helpful and healing, so I wanted to share them with you in the hope that they can be of service!
- Taking Detoxifying & Healing Baths - it had actually been a really long time since I'd taken a bath in general, but when experiencing the extreme sadness that I was, I just kept feeling drawn to take one, so I did! And I'm so glad I did :) The type of baths that helped me most were: Mixing 2-3 Cups Epsom Salt with 10 Drops Organic Lavender Essential Oil or there is this AMAZING product available at Gaiam called Jadience Total Body Detox Soak and it works wonders! It's magical and available here.
- Listening to Brain Shift Radio - it's amazing music mixes that boost your brain in whichever manner you want. You can improve your focus, reduce your anxiety, fall asleep fast, raise your energy, or enhance your cognitive abilities - it's the "first and only interactive, prescriptive internet radio." You can read more about its proven effectiveness and start a free trial right here
- The Healing Power of Crystals! - it's scientifically proven that crystals are living, breathing components of nature and I can personally attest to their assistance with manifesting certain traits, abilities and healings; it really is a fascinating and fun world to delve into! This website is a comprehensive guide to each crystal and what it can help you with and after doing some investigating you will never look at your own jewelry or what can be found in nature the same way! I have a different blog post that delves deeper into my personal experience with the crystal Labradorite and you can read all about that magic here :) Carry your new pet rock around with you, meditate with it, take a bath with it, sleep with it under your pillow - whatever floats your boat! It's your new friend!
- Aromatherapy - I just love, love, love incorporating this practice into my daily living, there is just something so harmonizing and soothing about burning essential oils! It's just so yummy and divine! Each essential oil can be used for all types of psychological and physical wellbeing and this website pretty much explains it all and can take you through each oil and how it can enhance your life. There are tons of different ways to do aromatherapy and I personally use a tea light diffuser where a tealight candle warms the oil and it naturally diffuses into the air. You do have to be careful though because some oils are flammable and most often you need to fill the top of your diffuser with water and then add 8-12 drops of oil, don't just burn the oil only!
- Get Out In Nature/Move Your Body - I have always been a hard-core nature lover but I tell ya, while experiencing grief or trauma there is something so special and transformative about feeling the fresh air, feeling the sun, looking at the clouds in the sky and the colors, perhaps taking a walk in your favorite park or simply sitting and taking some deep breaths by a body of water. Being around the animals, trees, scents, sights and power of what nature has to offer us can be so uplifting yet grounding at the same time and most definitely allows you to see everything more clearly. I am so thankful everyday for all the natural wonders that surround, even in Brooklyn NY! ;) "The beauty of nature is the language of God."
- Spend Time With Love & Kindness - it doesn't matter if it's a family member, co-worker, friend, pet, whatever - just enjoy the simple pleasures in life with someone who cares. Just being around a positive person's energy who truly loves you, wants the best for your life and nourishes your soul, allows you to breathe in more gratitude and remember that life is really all about love, all about creating and tending to meaningful relationships and just being really kind and compassionate with each other.
- Meditation - yes, you've heard it a million times before but it's true! Meditation is a miracle worker. Running from yourself, hard times or emotions never creates a healthy situation, so it's truly vital to take a few minutes a day to honor and befriend yourself and your spirit by being in quiet and breathing deep. Sit with who you really are! We have to know & accept our lightness and darkness to become enlightened and whole. Some days those moments will be flooded by thought after thought and some days you'll experience a connection to your heart that's indescribable and some days you'll have major epiphanies, but no matter what each meditation session brings, welcome it with acceptance and an open heart and just relish in the gladness that you did something so wonderful for your own spirit that day. I have an entire section of my blog that provides you with various guided meditations, meditation music and positive affirmations to support it all, so please check out those goodies here <3
- Prayer, Self-Reflection & Doing The Work - I have spent many an hour talking with God, Archangels, my personal guides and family members on the other side, asking for their assistance in getting me through and providing me with whatever lessons, healings and blessings I may need and handing over to them whatever thoughts or fears I want released from. One amazing resource is via one of my favorite people in the spiritual growth world, Doreen Virtue, she has these really cool recordings you can listen to that will help you heal in a variety of ways. I also think it's absolutely vital to always self-reflect during times of pain and see what role you played. There is always a profound reason for our hardships and always a deep level of personal growth, healing and transformation that needs to be tended to. We do this by taking a good, honest, real, yet loving look in the mirror, taking responsibility and then of course being gentle with ourselves while doing the work necessary to emerge more awakened and whole. And doing whatever work that might be - professional therapy, shamanic healing, holistic health practices, forgiveness of others and self, a combination of them all, etc... etc... But yes, it does involve work. We simply must do the work. It's what we signed up for when we became human in this thing called life! It's all about getting back to and remembering who we truly, authentically are... LOVE, and making your mind up to do whatever it takes to get you there! Because you deserve it! And you are worth it! And because life is meant to be full, enjoyable, loving and fun.
These tools can be used during any time of life but I did want to share with you what has helped me keep my heart and mind not only intact but also open and allowed me to see the blessings, miracles, healings and lessons that undoubtedly emerge from our most trying times.But always listen to your own soul as well! Do what it guides you to do to heal, because after all, no one knows what you need to do in order to become your highest self better than your very own soul! And it will guide you every time, but are you willing to listen? Are you ready? Are you letting yourself be quiet enough to hear?That, my friend, is the question :)I give you love and light, so please breathe it in, allow it in & know you're worthy and deserving!
THIS MAGICAL WATER RECIPE IS REALLY ON POINT FOR SUMMA SUMMA SUMMATIME!!!
Summer is my favorite time of year and this organic fruit/green tea/water concoction is the perfect beverage to beat the heat, hydrate and detox like crazy, give you zesty energy and help slim you down! Yes, it's that magical. Really! And it is unbelievably tasty & refreshing <3
Here's all you have to do...
- Chop organic Fruit (or an organic cucumber is nice too) into chunks - for this particular blend I used one organic lime and one organic lemon
- Put fruit into your glass container or pitcher (I try my best to avoid using plastic stuff :)
- Fill the container with filtered or spring water
- Stuff a green tea bag inside! I like many different kinds of tea but Organic Yogi Tea is fun for the quotes on the tea tags
- Put your new summertime magical blend in the refrigerator overnight! (if you don't want to wait that long, at least let the fruit sit in the water for an hour before drinking it)
- The next day when I go to drink the water, I do take the tea bag out but leave the fruit inside - the fruit chunks will be good in the water for a solid two days!!
What this Magical Summertime Water Can Do For You:
Boost Immune System + Suppress Appetite + Aid in Digestion + Flush Liver & Kidneys! + Increase Concentration + Help Wounds To Heal Faster + Healthy Hair + Alleviate Nausea or Travel Sickness + Fill You With Amazing Antioxidants + Anti-Cancer Properties + Weight Loss + Heart Health + Clears Acne + Oxygenate The Body + Reduce Bad Cholesterol + Restore Damaged Brain Cells + Anti Viral & Anti Bacterial Properties + Reduce Signs of Aging + Strong Bones + Relieve Allergies + Relieve Stress & Anxiety + The Green Tea Alone Allows Your Body To Burn 70 Extra Calories A Day, Simply By Drinking It!
YES! This simple recipe does all of that! Remember, we're dealing with water, organic ingredients and an herbal tea- all amazing, all natural ingredients that your body just craves! You will feel and see the difference and it only takes about 1 minute to make ;) No excuses.
Here's Another Magical Recipe For Ya!
This one is for your juicer, not your blender :)
- 3 Organic Romaine Leaves
- 2 Organic Chard Leaves (substitute kale if you need to)
- 4 Organic Celery Stalks
- 1 Organic Handful Broccoli Sprouts (I love using sprouts! Use them as much as you can!)
- 1 Organic Cucumber
- 1 Organic Lemon (make sure to peel if not organic!)
- 1 Organic Apple
- 1 Organic Knuckle of Ginger
- Chia Seeds (remember- I have mine in the bottom of the glass I pour my juice into and let them plump up in the juice while I clean my juicer :)
What This Juice Can Do For You!
Weight Loss + Clear Sinuses + Alleviate Cramps or Nausea + Muscle Strength + Healthy Digestive Tract + POWERFUL Antioxidants + Detox Your Body + Great Cardiovascular Support + Great for Skin & Hair + Prevent Cancer & Stones + ENERGIZING! + Hydrate Body + Replenish The Vitamins, Nutrients, & Minerals Your Body Needs To Be Happy & Lean :) + Boost Immune + Keep Your Brain From Aging! + Abolishe Acne + Keep Your Body Alkalized + Heal Cancer Sores + Alleviate Anxiety + Freshen Breath + Stop Insomnia!!!I am a firm believer that ingesting as many organic veggies through fresh juicing or smoothies can totally change your life, health, happiness and body for the better. The more vitamins, nutrients & minerals your better gets (that it wants, loves & needs!) the happier it is and the faster it will get you to a healthy weight that's a natural set-point for you and make you lean, glowing and radiant!! I start each and everyday with a fresh juice or smoothie! HOORAY!!
YUM FAV YUM FAV YUM FAV YUM FAV
I AM OBSESSED. I'm completely obsessed with my new smoothie creation!! In fact, I'm starting to wonder if I'm going to have so much of it now that I won't be able to drink one for years due to overkill, BUT I JUST CAN'T STOP! It tastes AMAAAAAZING, it ends up turning the most beautful shade of green & the health benefits are out of this world! Here it is! Please give it a try...
+++++++++++++WHY I LOVE THIS DRINK...
- 3 Organic Kale Leaves
- 2 Handfuls Organic Spinach
- 1-2 Organic Rainbow Chard Leaves (optional)
- 1 Organic Banana (I like mine frozen:)
- 3 Ice Cubes
- 1.5 - 2 Cups Organic Almond Milk
- 2 Scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 TBS Organic Coconut Oil
- 8 Shakes Organic Cinnamon
- And of course, CHIA SEEDS!
Anti-Aging :: Way More Calcium Than Milk :: Anti-Inflammatory :: Aids in Weight-Loss! :: Super Great For Skin :: Loads Of Fiber That Curbs Hunger :: Reduces Risk Of Heart Disease & Cancer :: Eases Arthritis Pain :: Can Lower Blood Pressure :: Promotes Healthy Nervous System & Brain Function! :: Protects Your Eyes From Cataracts :: Helps Your Body Absorb Additional Nutrients Throughout The Day :: Great For Bone Health :: LOADED With Vitamins, Antioxidants & Nutrients :: Restores Normal Thyroid Function :: Increases Metabolism <3+++++++++++++BONUS TIP... I put 1 TBS Chia Seeds into the glass I'm going to pour the juice or smoothie in; I don't mix my seeds in the blender. I let the smoothie mix with the chia seeds in the glass while I wash my blender, and then gobble it up, because it takes about 5 minutes for the seeds to plump up so they'll keep you feeling full for longer!
Spring is here!
It’s time to clear out the mental cobwebs and dust off your yoga mat – GaiamTV and I have created a Spring Cleaning Challenge just for you! And it's free!
We've collected 14 days of yoga and meditation videos for this challenge so you can dive headfirst into spring with renewed vitality. With an invigorating yoga practice in the morning and a calming meditation at night, along with two movie nights featuring thought-provoking documentaries, this program is designed to energize the body and clear out the mental clutter.Oftentimes we focus only on our goals for our body, whether it's weight-loss so we look great in our swimsuits or flexibility so we're not so achy and sore but it's just as important to exercise our spiritual/mental muscles through meditation as well!! To be well-balanced and truly feel good as a whole, it's vital that efforts to both our physical and mental muscles are equal. When our spiritual muscles get "flabby" we're MUCH more prone to allow feelings of fear, cynicism, anger, judgmentalism, negativity and victim consciousness to creep in, and who has time for that unpleasantness?!If you commit to this 14-Day Challenge with me I can guarantee you will feel transformed in an uplifting, magical way and more peace, ease, serenity, confidence and joy will head your way! The magic begins Monday, April 15th! Get going here and charge headfirst into Spring :)
My most recent smoothie creation is called BERRRY GOOD KISSES! YUMtastic as always :) Here she is:
And remember, I personally don't blend my Chia Seeds up, I put my seeds in the glass or container I will be pouring my blended smoothie into, then shake them up with the smoothie and let the Chia Seeds do their magical expanding for 5-10 minutes while I clean up my blender!!
- Handful Frozen Organic Blackberries
- Handful Frozen Organic Blueberries
- Handful Frozen Organic Strawberries
- Handful Frozen Organic Raspberries
- 2 Tablespoons Organic Coconut Oil
- Splash of Ceres Brand 100% Mixed Fruit Blend
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder
- 2 Tablespoons CHIA SEEDS! (of course:)
Drink this beautiful, berry delightful smoothie up and thank yourself for putting antioxidants, iron, calcium, magnesium, omega-3s, fiber, protein, hydration and SO much more into your body! This baby is power-packed with nutrients that will help you lose weight, feel great, increase your energy, clear up your skin and basically have you feeling like a ROCK STAR!!!
So Kiss, Love & DRINK UP YOUR MAGICAL SMOOTHIES!!!!! <3, ALY
My latest YUM-tastic recipe to share with you! This juice will give you energy, radiant skin, boosted immune, a detoxified system and so much more! It's definitely worth juicing for!
Drink up the magic! Make sure you drink your freshly-juiced juice right away to get all those wonderful enzymes! Juicing is fast, easy & super magical; it's one of the things in life that brings me a whole lot of joy :)
- A bunch of organic kale
- A hearty handful of organic spinach
- Five leaves organic romaine
- One big 'ol thumb-size chunk of organic ginger
- One organic red apple
- Three stalks organic celery
- One half organic lemon
- One organic cucumber!!!!
BONUS TIP :: put in three teaspoons chia seeds AFTER everything is juiced and let them plump up in the juice while you clean your juicer!
The flu season is raging in full force this year. Chances are, you or someone you know is currently feeling the effects of the epidemic. However, there’s another epidemic that’s extremely contagious, of which you may not even be aware. Every single one of us comes in contact with it daily, but on the upside, this contagion’s effects are good: lowered blood pressure, improved creativity and memory, burning excess calories, boosted immune system and even increased lifespan! Lucky for us, catching this contagion is a blessing, and reaping all of the amazing health benefits is as easy as doing one thing: laughing.
In Laughology, you get to voyage alongside Albert Nerenberg, a journalist who desperately wants laughter back in his life after realizing he hadn't truly laughed in years due to a plethora of stressors and grief-laden events. Here are my favorite highlights and lessons learned from his journey…
Seriousness is Serious
Did you know there are actual laugh doctors, holy laughter churches and professional laughers? Moments of discovery like these are the shining gems in this documentary. The laugh doctor, perhaps my favorite gem, teaches us that being too serious is an actual disorder that affects 80-90% of the population! Losing your lightheartedness and ability to laugh easily happens when too much stress takes over, whether it be emotional, mental or physical. Have you stopped laughing and playing? Do you look and act serious? Do you resent happy, laughing people? If so, you've got symptoms of seriousness, and you should strive for a positive change; the negative health effects of seriousness, both mental and physical, are no laughing matter.
The Contagion Worth Catching
Yes, laughter is fun and amazing, but medically it’s fascinating. A team of British neuroscientists say nothing they studied showed a neuro-response that’s more contagious than laughing! Further, they say our brains are designed to be laughing machines - you just need to activate it. Needing some activation? There’s a person for that. Doug Collins, dubbed “the man with the most contagious laugh,” is featured in Laughology and I bet you two things: 1) That you've never heard a laugh like his before, and 2) It will at the very least make you crack a smile.
Laughology is a highly entertaining, thought-provoking, can’t-miss documentary with added health benefits. So, did Albert get his laughter back? You’ll have to watch to find out. In the meantime, if you think you may have come down with a case of seriousness, look to Laughology to lift you up; it made me realize I could definitely be laughing more and inspired me to do an interview about Laughter Yoga. Ask yourself, “Seriousness or laughter - which one am I spreading out into the world?” GaiamTV.com Ambassador Alyson Charles is a television and radio host and producer. She lends her passions, inspirations and self-help knowledge to her readers on www.InAWEwithALY.com, supplying you with the freshest secrets and tips for creating your most magical life.
“I have not seen anyone dying of laughter, but I know millions who are dying because they are not laughing."
:: Dr. Madan Kataria, The Laugh Doctor & Founder of Laughter Yoga
You all know by now how much I just lu-lu-love to try cleanses, shakes, juices, fitness regimes, etc... etc... to keep my body working in healthy and happy ways and an expert friend of mine sent along her list of "101 Easy Detox Tips for 2013" and I wanted to share the magical info with YOU <3Here are seven of my FAVS...1. Take A Detoxing Bath! Take a 20-30 minute bath in warm water with 1 cup of Epsom salt and 1 cup of aluminum-free baking soda. The combination of the hot water, Epsom salt and baking soda draws out toxins (your skin is responsible for around 10% of toxin elimination). This bath also helps to replenish your magnesium supply, as many of us are magnesium-deficient thanks to our Western diets.
** taking more yummy baths is something I'm committing to in 2013 and I also love utilizing olive oil and essential oils made from plants that give you an aromatherapy bath experience!!2. Drink Lemon Water First Thing In The Morning! A cleansing glass of lemon water each morning can improve your digestion, support your liver and boost your immune system. Just squeeze half a lemon into a glass of water and drink. Lemon juice is very acidic, so you should use a straw to prevent damage to your enamel.
**I do this on a regular basis and always try to use organic lemons with warm water and it is heavenly!3. Eat Chia Seeds These seeds have a mild pleasant taste so they can be sprinkled everywhere. Add them to your salad, soup, smoothie, yogurt or oatmeal. Just like flaxseed, chia seeds are great sources of Omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins and minerals, but they don’t have the strong taste of flaxseed.**I am a HUGE fan of chia seeds! Love them! In fact, here's one of my smoothie recipes that incorporates them :)4. Eat Kim Chi And Other Fermented Foods Fermented foods like kim chi, kombucha and kefir are full of natural probiotics. These ‘good bacteria’ support a healthy balance of gut flora in your intestines and boost your immune system. They also play a really important role in your digestive processes and promote more efficient toxin elimination.**I totally believe in this tip! Very important stuff. You can easily drink kombucha- I buy my bottles from health food stores and love GT's Synergy brand kombucha drinks and this brand too.5. Buy A Himalayan Sea Salt Lamp Himalayan sea salt is mentioned a few times in this list, for body scrubs and as a substitute for your regular table salt. But you can also buy Himalayan sea salt lamps to improve the air quality in your home. These lamps use a negative charge to neutralize pollutants and allergens in the air. Just switch the lamp on and it will start cleansing the air as soon as it warms up.**I've actually always wanted to get one of these! Still haven't, so if anyone wants to hook me up.... ;)6. Chew Your Food Thoroughly By spending a few extra seconds chewing each mouthful, you can improve the efficiency of your digestive system and prevent acidic build-up in your gut. This is because chewing breaks down your food, leaving less work for your intestines, and the saliva in your mouth turns it more alkaline. And here’s another good detox tip. The Chinese have always said that you should eat until you are three quarters full, not until you bursting. Follow that advice and you will both lose weight and enjoy a healthier digestive system.**AHHHHH! I'm SO glad this one is on the list!! I preach it all the time. Digestion starts in your mouth, so make sure to chew and taste and enjoy your food there BEFORE you just gulp it down!!7. Avoid Farmed Salmon (Or Any Farmed Fish) Farmed fish are raised in crowded and unsanitary pens. They are fed fish pellets that contain GMO foods, sprayed with pesticides and insecticides and dosed with antibiotics. And then we eat them! Switching from farmed fish to wild fish will get you a healthier, leaner source of protein and remove a bunch of toxins from your diet too.**Another hugely important health tip!! The FDA just released its Environmental Assessment for genetically-engineered salmon and it is a disaster....and approval of GE-salmon appears imminent. GE-salmon is a completely unnecessary piece of food technology and will have disastrous implications for the ocean's ecosystem.+++++++++++++For the complete list of all 101 amaaaazing & easy detox tips, just click here!!